4. Empathy: the ability to see and share feelings with others.


Empathy: the ability to see and share feelings with others.

I am known as a passive person.
I am known as a person who strays far from confrontation. 
It is my greatest gift and also one of my biggest downfalls.

I believe the reason I am so passive is because I am an empath.
I understand how someone can feel they way the do. So I see no need try to argue with anyone's viewpoint.
I also understand and feel sadness when others do. 

When I got the voicemail from the nurse I knew that I wouldn't be able to open up to anyone about the miscarriage. It is not just sad, but it is embarrassing. My body was meant to have babies. I got married to the person I love so that we could have babies and watch them grow up. Yet, over and over again I felt I was failing at something that really should be so natural.

So, I was stupid. I down played the event and ended up hurting the person who needed me most. I may not have been able to voice how I felt- but I knew that Will should have been able to have that opportunity.

When we sat down to talk about what was happening it was clear we were both just hurting and not truly mad at each other. We talked it out let ourselves be sad for the day together. {To be honest, I can't remember exactly what we did for the rest of the day. I just know we spent it together.}

We didn't end up telling many people. Some we never told and are just finding out about this journey. How do you tell the people you love that you are hurting? Sometimes- you just don't.

We were supposed to have a Valentine's Day baby. (So- happy almost birthday little one!)





Little did we know. Our next due date would also be on a holiday. Weird, right?












Comments

Popular Posts