6.You are VERY Pregnant!



I remember it very vividly. I got the phone call while I was napping upstairs. I recognized that number and my heart skipped a beat. I remember what happened last time- that voicemail that brought so much sadness into our usually happy lives. I promised myself not to get my hopes up but (like I said) I NEVER learn from my past mistakes. My hopes were soo high they could burst through the ceiling.

I answered and heard the usual nurse who called me. She said, "Hi Lauren, great news you are pregnant! Your hCG levels show are you VERY pregnant! The numbers are high! Congratulations, we are soo happy for you. Please come back in two days to make sure your hCG levels are increasing."

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I AM PREGNANT!
I didn't even wait 30 seconds before I ran into our guest bedroom to grab the gift I had gotten for Will. (I bought him an Ohio State baby outfit since he is a huge buckeye fan.) I threw it into a gift bag and pitter pattered down the stairs. I found Will sitting on the couch folding laundry and watching TV. 

I had a HUGE grin across my face that I couldn't hide if I tried. He totally knew what I was about to say but played coy. He said, "Did you get me a present? What is it for?" I handed it to him and let him open the bag. He looked at it and looked up at me with a grin that mirrored mine. I was finally able to say the three words I had been wanting to say for months. 

I am pregnant!

I jumped into his arms and lived in that moment for a very long time. Time stopped and all I could think about was how lucky I truly was. It may have not been the easiest road there but we got there. We were going to be parents. I was going to grow old with my husband and watch him be the best dad out there. We were going to love the heck out of this baby. 

This time we did not do anything special to celebrate. We stayed in and talked for hours about our future. What would our baby look like? Would it be a boy or a girl? What would we name him/her? It was such a blissful day and one I wish I could relive over and over again.

As we fell asleep all I could think about was the nurses words, "You are VERY pregnant!" What does that even mean? Can someone be more than just "normal amount" of pregnant? I sure didn't think so!

I told myself to stop over analyzing. 
This is different than the last time. 
She told me that numbers were great. 
I was truly pregnant!!! Right?
God I hope so.


Comments

Popular Posts