3. "Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die"


You know that scene from mean girls when the teacher says, "Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it, ok, promise?" I used to think that when two people had sex without some form of birth control they would end up with a baby. Like BOOM! sex=baby. Anyone else? Or was that just me?

Video below for clarification 👀





Well for me (little did I know) that would not be the case. I had a miscarriage. Or, as the doctors like to call it a "chemical pregnancy". I had to tell my husband that morning and if I am being honest I did not do it in the best way possible. 

For anyone who knows me I am TERRIBLE at being sad. It is crazy how I can feel something inside and be completely unable to show sadness to the outside world. I feel it. Yet, somehow I make a conscious choice in my mind to make the situation less sad by not showing people. Does that make sense to anyone?

Either way I decided to down play the incredibly emotional moment and say "Well the nurse called and said the numbers have gone down to basically nothing. So I guess that means I am not pregnant. Well at least we can go to the concert and I can have a beer! Let me go finish getting ready."

I ran upstairs and secretly cried in the bathroom while I assumed my husband was packing the car for the concert. Little did I know that we were both being sad apart when we should have been being sad together. I was stupid and naive to think that this event wouldn't hurt my husband the way it was hurting me.  <--- #newmarriageprobs

By the time I came downstairs we were in a fight during a time when we truly needed each other the most. He was mad at me for not caring about a baby we just lost. I was mad at him for being mad at me while secretly grieving the loss of a baby (you follow?). It was all a big mess.

I had to call my family and tell them we couldn't come to the concert. I lied and said I had strep throat. They called, face-timed, texted and I had to put on my cheeriest (fake sick) act that I could muster up. In reality I was drowning in the news of a miscarriage and a husband who would was mad at me.





Comments

Popular Posts