5. A Family Affair!




After round one ended in sadness we were a little apprehensive about jumping into round two. Yet, RMA was very supportive and helped us by providing data which showed us that we could in fact make a baby. So.... we went for it.

I was not working at the time I was being monitored for my second IUI because I was off for summer break. By this time my family knew what was going on. They knew we were doing IUI and they knew the first round didn't go as planned. So, when we got the call that I should do my trigger shot my sisters just happened to both be over.

Round 2 was a family affair! My younger sister held my hand and my older sister jabbed me in the stomach with my trigger shot. They said over and over, "it's going to work this time because we all had a part in it!" I didn't want to get my hopes up but I couldn't deny that this time felt different.

The next morning when we went in for the procedure my normal doctor wasn't there. I thought this was a bad sign from the start. This time the actual IUI was more painful. The doctor was male as opposed to my normal female doctor and I just felt he didn't have the same ability to make me feel at ease. Honestly, it could have all been made up in my head. 

After the procedure ended I asked questions that I forgot to ask the first time. 

"Can I continue to run?"
"Will anything that I eat or drink hurt my chances of this working?"

All the doctor said was, "Live your life as if you are not pregnant just don't drink alcohol." DEAL

So we went about our merry little lives. Two weeks SLOWLY dragged by. When the morning of my blood test came I jumped out of bed and took the earliest time slot I could manage. I was nervous, but for some reason I knew that things would work out. I didn't try to avoid it. I wanted to just know one way or another.

I drove home that morning and felt a sense of relief wash over me. I knew that we had done everything we could to make this work. It was out of our hands. All we could do was wait.

Comments

Popular Posts