10. I Became a Plant Mom

I took maternity leave starting February 13th and I was "due" April 1st. With twins, they typically don't let you go a full 40 weeks. So our goal was to make it as far as possible and just see what happened.

Well for me that was not going to work. I didn't know what I was getting into so I wanted some sort of timeline. I wanted to know a week where I would say- "Okay Lauren, this is it! You will have your babies this week!" With this mindset and the idea that most twin births end in C-Sections I kind of just wanted to schedule a C-Section and be done with the questioning. I had done my fair share of reading and I even asked my doctor and she said that if I wanted to consider a vaginal birth I needed to understand that even if both babies were head down and I was able to deliver Baby A vaginally, there is no guarantee Baby B wouldn't flip and need to be delivered in an emergency C section. I  really had to be able to wrap my head around having twins and trying to recover from both a vaginal and c- section birth. I couldn't do it. I just felt like the unknown and the ominous vibes I was getting forced me into wanted a scheduled c-sections.

I just wanted someone to tell me when and where and how to show up. I basically had a c-section scheduled in my mind. Yet, the more time that passed and the more time both babies stayed head down I began to reconsider a vaginal birth. My doctor basically told me that I was young, in good shape and healthy so I could go for a vaginal birth and she would support me. In fact, by the end of it she was highly advising against a c-section. She seemed very confident in the idea of both babies being delivered vaginally.

So, like anything in life I decided to just kind of roll with it. I was open to what ever had to happen in the moment. All I knew was that I was ready to meet the babies and ready to BE DONE BEING HUGE! Picture for proof. This was taken in January! I still had until March 11th enlarge even further. ooofffaaa.


So, I was officially on maternity leave and doing really weird "nesting" stuff. I started to go a little crazy and buy a ton of plants! I got into air plants and succulents. I would go to antique stores and buy cool jars and plant succulents in them. I spent a little too much time and wayyy too much money on plants that eventually died once I had actual kids to take care of. (LOL SORRY HUBS & BANK ACCOUNT!)

The weeks continued to drag by and I began to beg my doctor to give me a c-section so that I could just move into my next chapter. I felt stuck being pregnant. I was in limbo between being a plant mom and a real mom.  I was told to enjoy the peace and quiet, to get as much sleep as I could and to spend time with Will. Don't get me wrong I did all of that to an excess but I was just READY to move into mom mode.

I wanted to see what all the hype was really about.



Comments

Popular Posts